Open PacWest SFS 2018 Steering Committee Positions Available
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to make decisions about PacWest SFS activities and to act as stewards of the organization. The Steering Committee will involve itself in strategic operational planning, professional development for the benefit of the membership and fundraising to support PacWest SFS’s activities, including the annual conference for professionals in higher education..
Member at Large
The Member at Large will represent and is accountable to the general membership of the organization. Keeping the general membership informed by e-mail and newsletter is the most important duty a member at large assumes. In addition, other projects to support the conference efforts may be assigned. All academic members must:
- Maintain employment in an appropriate position at a higher education institution.
- Attend monthly conference calls July 2018 thru April 2019
- Be in attendance at the annual in-person meeting October 2018
- Provide active and working participation in Steering Committee activities.
- Be present to serve at the PacWest SFS Annual Conference in May 2019
- Support all association endorsed events.
- Represent PacWest in a professional manner, including fiscally responsible decision making. And respectful communication with peers.
Corporate partner members must maintain employment with an appropriate higher education partner. The corporate member should ensure that there is a diverse cross section of industry merchants. Also, they should ensure that all Corporate Partners agree to represent PacWest SFS through marketing, and attendance at meetings. The corporate partner shall provide assistance with projects as needed.
Maintain and update the PacWest SFS website as directed. Updates may include, but are not limited to conference registration and content, board content, links to hotels, links to the online payment system, and job opportunity links. Communicate with the Web Master as may be needed for any development issues. Ensure regular communication, at least monthly with the board regarding the web site. Reviewing email contact from site. Maintain the controls and security of the website. This position may include other duties as assigned at the time of conference.