Open PacWest SFS 2018 Steering Committee Positions Available
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to make decisions about PacWest SFS activities and to act as stewards of the organization. The Steering Committee will involve itself in strategic operational planning, professional development for the benefit of the membership and fundraising to support PacWest SFS’s activities, including the annual conference for professionals in higher education..
1. The primary responsibility of the Treasure is to act as a PacWest SFS’s “banker” holding the funds deposited in the bank and paying them out as necessary.
2. The Treasure is responsible for maintaining the financial solvency and sustainability of PacWest SFS, along with the Executive Board and/or Steering Committee.
3. The Treasurer is required to submit a report of the financial results of the annual conference within forty-five (45) days of the end of the conference to the Steering Committee.
4. The Treasurer, in consultation with the President, will prepare a budget for each budget year for approval of the Steering Committee by November
5. The Treasurer, in consultation with the Conference Coordinator, shall review any contracts associated with the annual conference, including venue, food, and audio/visual.
6. The Treasurer, in consultation with the Web Coordinator, is responsible for reconciling payment of membership and conference fees.
7. The Treasurer is responsible for the timely submission off all annual filings to include accurate tax returns, etc.
2 Member at Large
The Member at Large will represent and is accountable to the general membership of the organization. Keeping the general membership informed by e-mail and newsletter is the most important duty a member at large assumes. In addition, other projects to support the conference efforts may be assigned. All academic members must:
- Maintain employment in an appropriate position at a higher education institution.
- Attend monthly conference calls July 2018 thru April 2019
- Be in attendance at the annual in-person meeting October 2018
- Provide active and working participation in Steering Committee activities.
- Be present to serve at the PacWest SFS Annual Conference in May 2019
- Support all association endorsed events.
- Represent PacWest in a professional manner, including fiscally responsible decision making. And respectful communication with peers.
2 Corporate Member
Corporate partner members must maintain employment with an appropriate higher education partner. The corporate member should work with the committee to ensure that there is a diverse cross section of industry merchants. Also, they should ensure that all Corporate Partners agree to support PacWest SFS by partnering with the committee in development and marketing. In addition, attend monthly conference calls and attend the annual conference. The corporate partner shall provide assistance with projects as needed.
Maintain and update the PacWest SFS website as directed. Updates may include, but are not limited to conference registration and content, board content, links to hotels, links to the online payment system, and job opportunity links. Communicate with the Web Master as may be needed for any development issues. Ensure regular communication, at least monthly with the board regarding the web site. Reviewing email contact from site. Maintain the controls and security of the website. This position may include other duties as assigned at the time of conference.