Open PacWest SFS 2019 Steering Committee Positions Available
The purpose of the Steering Committee is to make decisions about PacWest SFS activities and to act as stewards of the organization. The Steering Committee will involve itself in strategic operational planning, professional development for the benefit of the membership and fundraising to support PacWest SFS’s activities, including the annual conference for professionals in higher education..
- The President is the chief Steering Office of PacWest SFS and presides at all PacWest SFS meetings and functions.
- The President is responsible for lon-range and strategic planning along with the Executive Board and/or Steering Committee.
- The President is responible for maintinaing the financial solvency and sustainability of PacWest SFS, along with the Executive Board and/or Steering Committee.
- The President works with the Executive Board to establish meeting agendas.
- With assistance of the Conference Coordinator, the President, or his or her designee, recommends conference venues and dates for Steering Commitee approval.
- The President is responsible to address performance of the Steering Committee members as needed.
- The President, with the assistance of an ad hoc bylaws commitee, reviews the bylaws and presents updates to the Steering Committee for approval.
- The Vice President will assist the President in each of the above as needed.
- The Vice President will assume the responsibilites of the President in the event of the President's absence or disability.
1 Member at Large
The Member at Large will represent and is accountable to the general membership of the organization. Keeping the general membership informed by e-mail and newsletter is the most important duty a member at large assumes. In addition, other projects to support the conference efforts may be assigned. All academic members must:
- Maintain employment in an appropriate position at a higher education institution.
- Attend monthly conference calls July 2018 thru April 2019
- Be in attendance at the annual in-person meeting October 2018
- Provide active and working participation in Steering Committee activities.
- Be present to serve at the PacWest SFS Annual Conference in May 2019
- Support all association endorsed events.
- Represent PacWest in a professional manner, including fiscally responsible decision making. And respectful communication with peers.